Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Good Times

I've just been having a super time with my daughter and son. Something just kind of "clicked" last weekend, and while before, I felt like I was "managing" my kids, now I feel like we're being a family. I don't know how else to describe it.

Anyway, I've been teaching Rei to play dominoes using this $1.00 set I found at Target. It has animal pictures instead of numbers, so it's easier and more fun for her. She even asks me to play dominoes without any prompting. Another game she likes is Memory, which we play using a deck of "Noah's Ark" Animal cards I found at the Dollar Store. (Yeah, I'm frugal).

Rei has also started taking ballet dance lessons and jiu-jitsu. She likes both. Today, after class, I practiced some of the moves with her. She remembered them very well! I'm very proud of her.

My son likes to have me help him walk up and down and up and down the stairs. He can crawl up and down very well by himself, but he likes to hold on to me so that he can actually "walk" up the stairs like a grown up. It's cute. He has these velcro hands now that grip me all the time. I'll be walking from one room to another and suddenly velcro boy has my pant leg and won't let go. He just walks with me.

Yeah, that's all. We're all waiting for my husband to come home from Korea. I hope it will be soon, so he can see all this stuff happening. :)

No comments: